- 1 pound lean ground pork
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon fennel
- 1/2 teaspoon rubbed sage (dried)
- 1/2 teaspoon dark brown sugar (or light, packed)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon chipotle pepper powder
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon onion powder
Mix spices together in a bowl.
Add to ground pork in a larger bowl, in 1/3s, mixing into the pork as you go, so it is evenly dispersed.
Form into patties or cook loose in a saute pan and enjoy.